Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos
1 tablespoon olive oil (or 2 - let's be honest)
1 onion, chopped (make it a big one)
4 cloves garlic, minced (I use the pre-minced jarred variety, 1 big spoonful)
4 cans black beans, drained
2 cups water
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
4 teaspoons mustard of choice
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
3 tablespoons soy sauce
4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (maybe 3 large ones, baked and peeled)
12 or so (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute onion until soft; add garlic and saute another minute. Stir in beans and mash to desired mashiness.
- Stir in water, chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce and heat until warm.
- Put some bean mixture, some mashed sweet potatoes, and some cheddar cheese into each tortilla. (The exact amounts are up to you. I've never measured exactly.) Fold up the tortillas burrito style and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven and serve, or wrap 'em and freeze 'em individually for a satisfying and easy lunch or snack. Boom.