Here are some of my favorite animal faces from the many we saw that day:
This is a "Zedonk" -- half zebra, half donkey:
Sixteen day old goat. So so cute.
And, of course, some pictures of two of my favorite cutie faces...
I had a fun conversation with a cute little old lady about this orchid; we were both standing there staring at it and noticed each other and talked about how it almost didn't look real. A little later we crossed paths again a photograph. She was looking at a picture of a carnival ride, trying to figure out what it was, saying to her husband (I suppose), "It's a bug. What's that he's eating?" I told her it was a carnival ride, like one of the ones outside, and she either didn't understand or didn't believe me.
But anyway, isn't the orchid gorgeous?
Things not pictured:
- Countless other cows and sheep and goats and pigs and bunnies and such
- A barn full of produce and quilts and honey and other goodies
- Delicious cheesesteak subs
- Bobby's first taste of italian ice (which I would not have fed to him except the man at the fried cheesecake stand gave me a free spoonful for him, and I didn't want to be rude or sound stuck up by saying, "actually my baby doesn't need to eat that," so I gave it to him. his lips turned red and blue, but other than that, no harm done.)
- A really lame circus act
- Carnival rides and games, including one we tried thrice and lost every time
- Lots of tractors (trust me, I would have been all over the tractor photo ops had Bob been awake for that part of the fairground tour)
I love fairs. I love summer. I love family time. Up next: Mason is seven!